Two must-haves for a great night in at yours, a delicious dish and a cracking wine. Fortunately we've got both! Try these delicious Spinach and Ricotta Enchiladas, perfectly paired with the zesty flavours in our Estate Sauvignon Blanc.
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bag of spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 10 corn tortillas
- 350gms enchilada sauce
- ½ cup of fresh coriander leaves for serving
Pickled Red Onion
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190℃.
- To make the pickled onion, heat the vinegar, water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until the mixture simmers. Place the thinly-sliced onions in a jar and pour over the vinegar mixture. Let the onions marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the Enchiladas, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the garlic and onion and cook until fragrant. Add in chopped spinach and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from the heat and mix in ricotta cheese, sour cream and 1 cup of grated cheese. Set aside to cool
- Warm tortillas one at a time until flexible, about 20 seconds. Spoon ¼ cup of the spinach mixture on the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place folded side down in a cast iron pan or baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cup of grated cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven, until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is slightly brown.
- Serve with fresh coriander and pickled red onion.