For your next wine and pizza night, try our delicious white courgette pizza paired with our Esk Valley Estate Pinot Gris. The peach, honey and baked apple flavours found in our dry-style Pinot Gris shine alongside this moreish vege pizza.
- 500 grams of fresh pizza dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling and brushing
- ⅓ cup fresh pesto
- ½ cup ricotta
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium courgette sliced into paper-thin slices (use a peeler)
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup pine nuts, toasted
- Red pepper flakes for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Stretch the fresh pizza dough onto a 14-inch pizza pan and par-bake in the oven for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the pesto and ricotta with a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Remove the pizza dough from the oven, brush with some olive oil and spread the pesto and ricotta mix evenly. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden brown.
- While the pizza is in the oven, in a small bowl, toss the courgette strips with a drizzle of olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside to marinade.
- Remove the pizza from the oven, and top with the marinated courgette and chopped basil. Return to the oven for another 3 minutes.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and toasted pine nuts. Serve with extra pesto on the side.